Game of Thrones fans were perplexed, outraged and devastated when, after taking Brienne of Tarth’s virginity, Jaime Lannister fled Winterfell to be with Cersei Lannister in season eight. But scripts of the final chapter have finally explained all.
Brienne (played by Gwendoline Christie) was left heartbroken as Jaime (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) galloped to King’s Landing, only to meet his death as he cradled Cersei (Lena Headey) while their palace crumbled around them.
It was the death they didn’t deserve, but ultimately, while we all felt cheated, Brienne was the real victim here.
The blow came as a huge shock for the knight, but audiences were just baffled as the King Slayer appeared to have a sudden change of heart with no rhyme or reason.
After Brienne and Jaime slept together, scripts reveal: ‘Brienne sleeps the sleep of the happily drunk and devirginised.’ Jaime, however, lay awake agonising after betraying his sister.
On screen, it appeared Jaime knew full well he was going to dart back to his sister, lover and mother of his unborn child – but actually his one night stand with Brienne made him realise his allegiance was with the Lannisters and Cersei couldn’t die alone, according to Screen Rant..
Even Lena went on to admit she wasn’t satisfied by how Cersei’s story ended, insisting her sadistic queen deserved a ‘better death’.
Game of Thrones scripts have cleared up several mysteries which would have possibly spared showrunners D.B Weiss and David Benioff becoming the subject of a vicious petition to have the finale rewritten with ‘competent’ writers.
Both recently confessed they had no idea what they were doing.
Game of Thrones seasons one to eight are available to stream on NOW TV.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)