Will fans get a #Davido / #Wizkid collaboration this year? » Friday Treat
For many years, it has been a popular topic of discussion on so many online and offline platforms. Both artistes, Davido and Wizkid, have a huge fan base and at various times, they (the fans) have BEEN at loggerheads as regards who has the best following, event, songs etc.
One thing that both parties seem to agree on, or have craved since both artistes became international STARS, is collaboration, and that has, till date, looked quite herculean. In 2015/16, it was rumoured that Wizkid and Davido would be coming together for a song—a bit of a coup for their considerably large fan base spread across the continent and beyond.
The possibility of the collaboration was mentioned in an interview David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, granted to US magazine Fader. Speaking about Wizkid’s and his own dominance of the pop scene, Davido said, “Me and Wizkid, we’re the best. If one telecoms comes to me, the other one will go meet him. If Coke comes to me, Pepsi goes to him. Whether or not it’s true, they make it feel like it can only be one of us. I think there’s enough for all of us to eat, but then sometimes it can feel like only one person will win.”
The rivalry, however, seems to have been doused since December 2015, after Davido brought Wizkid to join him onstage. Thereafter, it was said that both were set for collaboration.
“We’re gonna give them ‘What a Time to Be Alive’—African version,” said Davido referencing the collaborative mixtape released by American stars Drake and Future. However, that promise is yet to be fulfilled.
Both artistes, since 2015, have risen to become mega stars, selling out concerts across the world and becoming some OF the most sought after African musicians.
With their individual successes and tighter schedules, the possibility of collaboration has become more of a dream, unless that changes in 2020.
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)