Bauchi shuts UNICEF/WHO offices over COVID-19 case

Bauchi State government has closed down United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) and the World Health Organisation (WHO) offices in the state for two weeks over coronavirus disease case.

A press release from the office of Commissioner for Health in the state, Aliyu Maigoro, on Sunday evening, said that the decision was taken after a staff of World Health Organisation (WHO) Bauchi office tested positive for COVID-19 disease. “Following the confirmation of a staff of World Health Organisation (WHO) Bauchi office who tested positive for COVID-19, the UNICEF/WHO offices have been de-conterminated and is officially sealed today, 19th April, 2020”, the statement said. The statement said the sealing of the affected offices was carried out by the Commissioner for Health, Alhaji Aliyu Mohammed Maigoro, in company of the Executive Chairman, Primary Health Care Development Agency, Dr. Rilwanu Mohammed. Kyari’s death should not be in vain – Tinubu The Bauchi State government noted that the move was part of efforts to prevent and to de-escalate the spread of the virus in the state. “Available information revealed that the newly confirmed case had earlier travelled to Kano, therefore, all his contacts in both Bauchi and Kano have been identified and isolated, and they are under strict follow-ups and surveillance”, the release said, adding that, “at the moment, the UNICEF/WHO offices have been closed down for two weeks by the Bauchi State government”.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s